Easily create a cozy Farmhouse Kitchen for the holidays with Bello Lane products.
Not only will your kitchen be the most adored setting for the Holiday Season but, I'm pretty sure the food will taste better! It's all in the presentation, right?
Make sure to try out the apple pie recipe at the end of the blog
The look everyone is after
Here is the breakdown of what it is and where you can get it. Everyday items like eggs and spices don't have to seem so ordinary, store them in Farmhouse inspired white ceramic eggs trays, salt and pepper shakers, and measuring cups with cute little messages.
Decoratively display wine bottles and then use the holder to collect corks. Glamorous napkin holders are always a great way to add style and flare to a party. And, don't forget to display a little treat with the glass dome pedestal.
This pastry stand is my absolute favorite for displaying all those cute decor pieces and the yummy baked goods. Those cute little tags and the place cardholders are a genius way to label foods for those guests with allergies!
Perfect accessories for your kitchen...
Functional and pretty, guilt-free purchase. Leave these must-haves out on the counter all the time or just bring them out when you're entertaining. Cute kitchen decor is a sure way to be the hostess of the season.
Add a little humor to the kitchen with the shabby chic menu sign. The dessert plates are a great reminder that sometimes it IS okay to eat dessert first. And, the milk pitcher straight from the old farmhouse is a refreshing way to serve beverages.
Doesn't this setting just make you want to jump in and start baking so you can display those yummy treats for your guests? It might actually be hard to watch them pick apart your masterpiece but, no plan is perfect
The best apple pie recipe ever!
Yes I know, almost every pie looks incredibly yummy in pictures. But, this dish is farmhouse chic that reminds us of Grandmas kitchen. Any other boring pie dish just wouldn't do, even if it is the same exact on Grandma had used.
You would have to search long and hard for a pie-loving person that could dislike any pie severed from the prettiest pie dish around. If you bake Grandmas apple pie, using the recipe right out of her book, you'll never have a single complaint because the cream cheese crust is AMAZING!
Cream Cheese Pastry
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shortening
- cold water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a medium bowl sift together flour and salt.
- Cut in cream cheese and shortening with 2 knives
- Add enough cold water to hold ingredients together
- Form a ball, wrap in waxed paper, and chill slightly
Roll out dough into 2 crust rounds, 8" or 9" each. Place one in the greased pie dish and set aside.
Apple Pie Filling
- 6 tart apples
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbs butter
- Peel, core, and slice apples
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the sugar mixture and bring to a boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and reserve 1/3 cup, set that aside
- Add apples to the remaining mixture and toss well
- Pour apples into prepared pie crust
- Top with second pie crust and brush with remaining 1/3 cup of the filling mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown